Power Grains Bowl
Dinners that please the whole family are very important! This is my "copy cat" version of True Foods Kitchen's Ancient Grains Bowl. So many great flavors coming together, makes for a hearty dinner.
- 1 Cup Power grains (I get the organic bag from Whole Foods)
- 1 yellow onion
- Dino Kale
- 4 - 6 large mushrooms
- Dairy free pesto - I used Basiltops Chia Seed Pesto
- Protein of your choice (I prefer shrimp)
- Eggs (depends on how many bowls you are making, 1:1) - optional
- Coconut Oil and Olive Oil
- Flavor God Lemon Garlic Seasoning
- Fresh Lemons
- Slice the onions, and throw them in your pan first. You want these to "caramelize" for a little bit...I like mine charred so I used a cast iron skillet and let them just sit there and burn. While you're doing this start your power grains in another pot.
- Once onions are done, or at the same time (you choose) have the mushrooms cook on the other side of the pan. Once both of these are done take them out, and save them for bowl preparation.
- Start cooking your protein, seasoning that is added is the Flavor God Lemon and Garlic.
- While your protein is cooking, shop up your Dino Kale, and toss with olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon. Let that sit to soak up all the liquid.
- Lastly, fry an egg with the yolk staying runny (personal preference)
- Bowl prep:
- grains + kale at the bottom
- mushrooms and onions next
- protein choice + egg on top
- pesto dab on top!
And there you have it! This dinner will be a HIT no doubt! Please comment below or tag me on instagram in your picture if you so happen to make this :)